Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Working Artist Update

My blog has been on hiatus for the last two months. I didn't plan to stop writing posts...but in dealing with roller coaster emotions after losing my job, and the holidays starting, it went on the back burner.  I did question if blogging was a good way to spend any of my time at this point, and I suppose that's still debatable.  But I do enjoy it so I would like to resume writing as I am able.

I hope everyone had a good holiday season!  I enjoyed them with my family and appreciated the time to relax.  My etsy shop had a few sales and I ended the year with what I felt was a good first six months of growth.  

I'm spending time working on my shop and on new art for my shop.  In my previous post I showed photos of the wood bowls and dishes I planned to paint.  Here they are again:




All have been painted, and four are listed in my shop as I finish the fifth, plus a few more I have going.  





 









I enjoy finding and painting these great bowls and dishes.  

I've also painted half a dozen pendants so far.  Wearable art is a fun option.




I'll be doing more designs for the pendants too.  I also just started on the first of what I plan to be a series of 11 x 14 inch paintings, of a Japanese garden.  I'll take photos as I go and share them here soon.  

I'm working a lot on my shop's appearance, my listings, and learning about how to help people find my shop.  I love having my little art business, and I love being a "working artist"!  I wish there were more hours in the day for all I'd like to accomplish!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.           

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to see your comments!