Sunday, June 24, 2012

Tropical Storm Debby...in my yard

Tropical Storm Debby parked off shore of Florida's west coast today, and is dumping buckets of rain on us!  Wind gusts and flooding and some tornadoes passing through in bands.  As long as it stays stalled out there we'll have these conditions continuing, probably the next day or two anyway, they are saying right now.  

I spent the afternoon in my studio corner, watching the storms pass through from our Florida room windows.  On and off we had a lake in our backyard.  We've had between 12 and 20 inches of rain already according to the weather news.  I took a few photos of our backyard I'll post here.



 Yes, it's really wet out there.  We are fortunate to be on high ground and not prone to flooding in our neighborhood.  However many areas do flood, so I'm not looking forward to driving in to work early tomorrow morning!  

I spent most of the afternoon starting a new painting, a 30x40 inch canvas, that is a commission/gift for my daughter.  She chose an image she found online; no idea who took the photo so I can't credit anyone, but it's just for her and I won't be making prints of it.  But I'll share my progress with you as I go along.  I'll try to get a photo of it up tomorrow.

Hope everyone's week will be great...stay dry if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to see your comments!