Sunday, July 29, 2012

Busy Week, Busy Weekend

It's been a week since my last post...I try to post two or three times a week but just got too busy this week.  I'm still kind of figuring out what works best for me on this venture.  

Anyway it's been a busy week and weekend. I had a wonderful surprise early this week when my sister Candi decided to purchase my painting of galloping horses from my etsy shop.  I feel very honored, and so glad that she will have it in her home.  Thanks Candi!  That certainly made my week!  It should arrive Monday or Tuesday!

This weekend I worked on my wood baskets.  I decided to paint a fall theme on one.  


Our cat Luke is always helpful in the painting process (not!)  The winter/Christmas themed baskets are also in progress.
I did finish the fall basket...maybe. Here are both sides of it.
Haven't varnished it yet...looking at it I'm thinking I might add a bird, maybe a squirrel or bunny?  I'll think it over.


 I'm full of ideas about things I want to make and paint, if I can find the time.  It takes patience to wait until I am able to put the time and focus into developing an idea, which I'm sometimes frustrated about!  I wish I could spend all my days creating and painting.  That's just not my current reality, but I am as productive as I can be when I have the opportunity to be the artist I always am inside myself.  The ideas will be there when I get to them.  

In my next post I'll show you my other project from this weekend.  Something a little different!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to see your comments!