Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekends Fly By, Don't They?

I am lucky enough to have three-day weekends every week.  Each week I plan all the things I need and want to do in those three days, and it seems like I'll have plenty of time to get everything done.  Of course I rarely do.  So why do I keep making those long lists and spend each day increasingly frustrated because I'm not getting enough done?  

Chores eat up most of my time away from work, leaving little time for exercise, for painting, for developing new creative ideas, and just for down time to recharge my energy and imagination. I remember spending hours just reading, early in my life.  I miss that. I miss feeling like I have lots of time.  Do you remember long summer days, spent just running around, playing?  No "Things to Do" list! Of course, those were the days when I had a mother to take care of all the chores...now I am the mother, the wife, the employee.  The buck stops here.

I want to find a way to slow down, but so far I don't know how to do that.  I have to fit in who I truly am in the corners and edges of my life, squeezed in around everything I am responsible for.  What would it be like to really have enough time?  I can only remember back to childhood summers to answer that question. I believe most adults are stressed and too busy in the U.S. these days, so I know I'm not alone in this.

I did make the time to paint for a couple of hours today, so I have a photo of my progress on the horse painting I'm working on.  I'm still not happy with the angle of the horse's head & have reworked it a couple of times...I'll get it right soon.   Worked more on the clouds and background too.  It's coming along, though slowly.

 I hope everyone has a good week.  Looking forward to an extra day off for the 4th of July. Take care, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to see your comments!